Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End creating a registration/login system, wondering why problem is happening

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

hallo

So, my problem is that i have created a user registration and login system with php and mysql, whenever i am testing a page my username and displays a value of “root” (phpmyadmin login name) and a password ***********. I would post the code but there is ALOT but im just trying to see if this is a common issue or something that has an appearence with php and mysql. I normally use asp.net so i’m new to the open side. Loving php and mysql so far though…

osiris

This is common for login page fields that use username in its name, even if slightly different. If you want to prevent this on your login form add autocomplete=”off” to the form tag.

Or try renaming the field to something like usrid

osiris

Actually, it looks like if you have a field type = password, the browser assumes the other field to be for a username, no matter what you call it. But, the autocomplete=”off” does work.

jatinh

Elaborating on @osiris ‘s comment:
    Just a guess.. but if you are testing on localhost, maybe its your browser completing the form using the username/password you had asked it to save for phpmyadmin. The browser considers localhost/phpmyadmin and localhost/yoursite as the same website. The Try testing it on a different browser and check if the problem still exists.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@osiris, thanks for the advice, i added that and problem seems to be fixed on localhost.

@jatinh
    , Once i uploaded this to my web server i had no problems. I believe the thought it was myphpadmin was probably correct.

Thanks guys for the assistance..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.