Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

creating a registration/login system, wondering why problem is happening

• # July 25, 2012 at 3:53 pm

hallo

So, my problem is that i have created a user registration and login system with php and mysql, whenever i am testing a page my username and displays a value of “root” (phpmyadmin login name) and a password ***********. I would post the code but there is ALOT but im just trying to see if this is a common issue or something that has an appearence with php and mysql. I normally use asp.net so i’m new to the open side. Loving php and mysql so far though…

# August 4, 2012 at 9:41 am

This is common for login page fields that use username in its name, even if slightly different. If you want to prevent this on your login form add autocomplete=”off” to the form tag.

Or try renaming the field to something like usrid

# August 4, 2012 at 10:13 am

Actually, it looks like if you have a field type = password, the browser assumes the other field to be for a username, no matter what you call it. But, the autocomplete=”off” does work.

# August 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Elaborating on @osiris ‘s comment:
    Just a guess.. but if you are testing on localhost, maybe its your browser completing the form using the username/password you had asked it to save for phpmyadmin. The browser considers localhost/phpmyadmin and localhost/yoursite as the same website. The Try testing it on a different browser and check if the problem still exists.

# August 5, 2012 at 3:11 am

@osiris, thanks for the advice, i added that and problem seems to be fixed on localhost.

@jatinh, Once i uploaded this to my web server i had no problems. I believe the thought it was myphpadmin was probably correct.

Thanks guys for the assistance..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".