Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Content not staying within container

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    margaux
    Participant

I’m not sure what is causing the content on [this site](http://www.articulate.uk.com “”) to creep out of its container – please refer to the Case Study and Inspirations sections. For some reason its working on the mobile site but not the main site and I can’t see what the cause is. Thanks!

chrisburton
    Participant

Works in Chrome.

Paulie_D

I would say that those elements re-sizing causes the page to go up and down as they do.

You might want to look into that.

Paulie_D

>Works in Chrome.

And FF

apart
    Participant

Works FIrefox

margaux
    Participant

Really?? On my desktop and a friends iPad, the slider content (text and image) is extending the right boundary of the section container.

The up and down movement is the fx resizing of the panel due to the different amounts of text which the client wants.

Looks good on the iPhone.

Thanks for looking!

Paulie_D

>The up and down movement is the fx resizing of the panel due to the different amounts of text which the client wants.

Oh…I know WHY it’s happening…it’s just super-annoying for the browser to be jumping up and down like that.

Poor UX IMO

margaux
    Participant

I think you’ve misunderstood me. Ive not asked about anything to do with the vertical aspect only the horizontal. I DON’T know why the slider content is overextending the RIGHT side of its container. Thanks for looking.

Paulie_D

Ahhh….tried resizing the browser.

Your slider images aren’t resizing/scaling at lower widths…I think there’s a fix for that if I can find it.

If that’s what you want.

margaux
    Participant

Would be grateful. Confused as to why it works on a phone and not on an iPad or a laptop. Thanks

contentJones

Looks to me like the slider panels are making themselves 485px wide. Not sure what’s doing that. Maybe the image size? Or is there somehwere else where anything slider gets its width from?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.