Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Content Not Displaying Correctly in IE 8 and iOS Safari

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    svoltmer
    Participant

Strangely, my site http://www.crosst.org displays incorrectly only on IE and iOS Safari (mobile). It appears to be cutting off the repeating images for the header, mid bar and footer as well as not centering the main content. I’ve been over it and can’t find anything that would cause this. Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks.

svoltmer
    Participant

It appears, after looking into this some more, it is cutting off any css background “repeat-x” content only when scrolling in a smaller browser window. This happens in all browsers, so is it a overflow problem or what? Could someone take a look and help me figure this out please? http://www.crosst.org

svoltmer
    Participant

The only time i see it cut the content off on the right side is if you use a windowed view of the webpage instead of full screen. Try to scroll to the right and you’ll see what I am talking about.

svoltmer
    Participant

I know the sheet is whacked, I took over for another guy who designed the basic template and he coded the css crazy! I’ve been changing here and there as I get time for clarity.

svoltmer
    Participant

Check this out. I have a absolutely positioned “leaf” that displays perfectly except on IE and iOS Safari. Why is it so far over to the left?

svoltmer
    Participant

I am an idiot. forgot to position:relative the parent……

TheDoc

I am an idiot. forgot to position:relative the parent…

I both love and hate those moments!

svoltmer
    Participant

Thanks wolf, Someone else set up the basic template for the site and I am gradually changing the css as I have time. I know there is a lot of wonky stuff in there. Thanks for the suggestions!!

svoltmer
    Participant

I am curious as to how you would clear the div with the “header-main” since I can’t use “overflow:hidden” due to the “leaf” positioned absolute from it. I am always trying to learn. Thanks

svoltmer
    Participant

I opted for clear:both on the next element. That being said, what about the case of the two floats without individual parents? I am referring to the “tab-top” and the following floats, “logo-main” and “menu-main”. I have to use an empty “div” with “class=”clr” don’t I? Thanks for all your help wolf!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.