Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Content cut off in IE10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Paulie_D

Obviously you’ve fixed something that resolved a lot of the issues. When I checked you have 71 errors and 63 warnings.

papdronning
    Participant

So the html looks like this:

Copenhagen Comics

`

And there’s obviously an a tag not being closed. But the php creating the code looks like this.

“>

Where am I going wrong?

Paulie_D
    papdronning
    Participant

Yes, I know there’s supposed to be one in the html.

But I have to change the php to correct it and I can’t see where the php is going wrong.

Don’t put an a tag inside of an a tag. If that is the php that is outputting the html above, then it would appear that the_title() is being modified in your theme to also output the permalink.

As Paulie said, the first thing you should do is resolve the errors being thrown in his link. Once those are fixed, if there is still an issue, let us know and we can come back and take a look.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

> There is an opening html-tag

A doctype is not a `` opening tag.

papdronning
    Participant

Adding text-shadow to p-tags (especially) in IE10, and you want to positioning your shadow by ex. 1px 1px 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, .5); it cuts the text (or make some part of your text invisible!). The issue is the blur-value! Set the blur-value to 0 or 5 – not in between, because it then starts cutting your text (has something to do with the combination of the lengths and the size of the blur-size, and probably also the size of your text)!

Instead of the example I just gave you, try this: text-shadow: 0px 1px 0px rgba(255, 255, 255, .5);

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.