Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Contactform validation + more

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Devilelites

Hi guys,

I’m making a contact form, and i want in to be validated on submission page. I mean, that there’s some required fields, and if the person who wants to contact me, doesn’t write anything in the fields, a message like this shows up over the contact field: "You need to fill this one out."

If you can put it into my code it would be fine :)

kontakt.html:

Code:

Dit navn:

E-mail: *

Emne: *

Kategori: *

Besked: *

* = Skal udfyldes

I’ve also tried to make my own "send.php", but i dont think it work. I would like, if someone would check it, and eventually tell me what i need.

Mail.php:

Code:

Hopefull somebody has a solution – and have a nice day! :)

Greetings,
    Dev

There are a LOT of PHP based contact form tutorials online… I know that Chris has at least one in the Screencasts section of the site. Rather than simply having someone write the code for you, I’d suggest working through a tutorial so you actually understand what you are doing. If you have issues, you can then post here.

Devilelites

I have seen a lot of them, but not many of them have the validation i’m looking for. And the one of Chris’s, he just put a code in, and i don’t really know what it means. But i’ll try again…

Devilelites

I’ve studied it a bit more, and finally found a soloution :)

craigfarrall

If you have used someone elses code you should post the code in here so future people can get ideas and help from it.

Devilelites

Well, it’s just the validation code from Chris’s article: "Creating a unique contact form" (or something like that…)
    I dont know what all that js means, i just tried it, and it worked.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.