Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Contact Form from CSS Tricks wont work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the contact form in the download section of this site.

I put my own emails into it but changed nothing else.

I uploaded to a test server – http://michaeloneilldesign.com/formtest

It wont work!! I dont know why. Php is enabled on my server.

here is the contactengine.php file… am I doing something wrong here ?

// CHANGE THE VARIABLES BELOW

$EmailFrom = "[email protected]";
    $EmailTo = "[email protected]";
    $Subject = "Contact Form Submission";

$Name = Trim(stripslashes($_POST));
    $Tel = Trim(stripslashes($_POST));
    $Email = Trim(stripslashes($_POST));
    $Message = Trim(stripslashes($_POST));

// prepare email body text
    $Body = "";
    $Body .= "Name: ";
    $Body .= $Name;
    $Body .= "n";
    $Body .= "Tel: ";
    $Body .= $Tel;
    $Body .= "n";
    $Body .= "Email: ";
    $Body .= $Email;
    $Body .= "n";
    $Body .= "Message: ";
    $Body .= $Message;
    $Body .= "n";

// send email
    $success = mail($EmailTo, $Subject, $Body, "From: <$EmailFrom>");

// redirect to success page
    // CHANGE THE URL BELOW TO YOUR "THANK YOU" PAGE
    if ($success){
    print "";
    }
    else{
    print "";
    }
    ?>

Thanks for your help

DogsGhost

Possibly because your form has an input named City, but its never mentioned in the contactengine.php file. Likewise the contactengine.php file is looking for a value from a input named Tel, but none exists in your form.

@DogsGhost
    I’ve had that issue before, but my form would still submit and redirect correctly, it would just give a blank value for the missing input name. So I’m thinking it might be something else.

@DogsGhost I have changed that but it still wont work! Any other ideas ?

Ive just tried it on a different server and it works perfectly. The link above is hosted with Godaddy… There must be something getting in the way on the hosting end! Anyone know anything about this ?

DogsGhost

oh, godaddy hosting…. yep, you have to direct forms through one of their specified mailer php files located in the site’s root directory.

Astra
    Participant

I also had such problem, and frankly speaking i am not good at it, so I found a program that builds different kinds of forms. Now all my forms work great.

@Fourize I got it working… In Godaddy in your control panel, go to form mail and put your email address in…. Then in your html file in the form tag put action=”gdform.php” Its a file preinstalled on your server!

JoeBass

Total rookie hear and after reading this post i could still use some help please. I am using the Fast Secure Contact Form and I get the test message followed by a failure message. I have changed email from to the godaddy supplied address. I dont know if i found the specified mailer php files located in the site’s root directory. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

I am using the contact form and it works perfectly, the only trouble I have is that people fill the form in Bulgarian and the mail I receive is not readable. I tried defining it in dreamweaver with lang=”bg” but it doesn’t help.. I only receive some symbols and nothing readable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.