Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Constructive Critisism Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AlCapone
    Participant

Hi, How can i improve my site? After looking at the site, what is stopping you from hireing me?

http://www.cbull.co.uk

Many Thanks
    Chris

Roughnite

link please?

AlCapone
    Participant
    Quote:
    link please?

Ooops, sorry, thats embarising – good way to start anyway….
    Thanks for noticing, i have provided the link above. :D

Roughnite

not bad, looks pretty clean and to the point. only thing i dont really like are the headers, but thats just because i hate using images instead of text :D. if you’re interested in making it a text header with a custom font check out sIFR or FLIR, they both use javascript and php/flash (depending which one you use) to dynamically replace the headers. Also, there seems to be a "horizontal jump" when you go to the portfolio section, where the scroll bar that appears forces everything to shift over. Ive had this problem alot myself in the past, i use the following css to fix the problem:

html {
    min-height: 100%;
    margin-bottom: 1px
    }

this basically forces a scroll bar on all pages so that this shift doesnt happen, this method should work in all browsers if im not mistaken

AlCapone
    Participant

Thanks – I’ll add it the code later, bit busy at the moment.

TheDoc
    "Roughnite" wrote:
    this basically forces a scroll bar on all pages so that this shift doesnt happen, this method should work in all browsers if im not mistaken

Actually, this only appears in FF (or at least the last time I checked).

For a fix, see this thread in the Tips & Tricks section.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.