Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Conditional CSS Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chad86

Hello,

For some reason I am having a problem conditional CSS I write for specific browsers (IE 6 and 7) and some of the styling is changing in Firefox and Safari.

Here is my head:

Code:

Untitled Document

And here are the rules in the CSS that are in the IE6 style sheet that are carrying over

Code:
    #videoInfo {width:224px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius: 10px; border-radius: 10px; background:#ffffff; filter:alpha(opacity=20); repeat; position:relative; z-index:9999;}

#videoInfo p {filter:alpha(opacity=100); color:#000;}

And here is what I want Safari, Firefox and any other non-piece of crap browser to use.

Code:
    #videoInfo {width:224px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius: 10px; border-radius: 10px; background:url(images/moreInfo-BG.png) repeat; position:relative; z-index:9999;}

#videoInfo p {padding: 10px 10px 5px 10px; color:#ffffff;}

What am I doing wrong-o? Probably just a small mistake.

forrestz

It appears that you actually have mozilla and safari specific code in your IE conditional css. I would start with getting the code right for Firefox and Safari and then only modify what is necessary in the IE conditional code.

chad86

I was aware that it was there and it shouldn’t recognize the -moz and -webkit attributes. My problem is that Safari, Firefox and IE7 are inheriting the the png fix that I’m trying to use on the IE 6 style sheet.

chad86

Never mind…. dumb mistake I was appending them to my index file with a @import call which were overriding the styles.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.