Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Completely redesigned my site. feedback, please.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    seventeen

Hey everyone, I just completely rebuilt my site from the ground up, and I’m looking for opinions and feedback. Let me know what you think about it.

http://17webshop.com

Thankyou!

PhilipDahl

Minimalist design is hard to do. This is an example of it not working :D . Though with a few changes in the positioning of some of your stuff you might be able to fix this. For one thing, get rid of your left-margin (bleed area) by making it 0px in css. or you could center the page and do what you did for "paper thin media", a design that works well IMO. Make the lines of your gray menu links (portfolio, blog, etc) line up with the dark gray thin line that is separating the menu and logo from the rest of the page. You could add different shades of gray to your links’s rollover state. From lightest to darkest. you could even do this with css if you don’t have Photoshop. Since it’s so minimal you could boost up your text size a little as well as space them out with kerning options (also in css). Even IBM’s completely optimized, lite site has some flair in it. That is, If you are worried about download time. Your negative space is not defined by your objects. Create a flow to your design, right now it looks computer generated. There’s no feeeeling :mrgreen: .

Keep on keepin on. :ugeek:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.