Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Completed Site – Feedback please??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GavinCZA

Hey everyone,

This week has been a good one, well I seem to think so.. hehe :) .
    Anyway, I was working on a site this week, well completing it this week, had to wait for the client to send all the changes and information.

I must thank CSS-TRICKS for help, screencasts and the guys here for input and suggestions. My Css has improved leaps and bounds and it will be unfair not to mention thanks to everyone here and to Chris.
    Anyway, enough sucking up :P lol..

http://www.setjhabatc.co.za

The site is for a training centre in a small town in South Africa, that specialize in MED/HIGH Powerline installations. They wanted an orange/silver/black feel to it.

Anyway, thanks for comments.
    Have a good weekend…

friendofpugs

FIrst off, validate it and fix your errors. I’d recommend having some type of hyperlink indication; you leave your user guessing if the right nav includes links or not – they won’t know until they mouse over them. Not good. Also, use a sans-serif font for the body content, preferably a nice font stack http://www.sitepoint.com/article/eight-definitive-font-stacks/. Do some copy tweaks too on the homepage; that bogus quote should be replaced with "We provide training for the High/Low Voltage Overhead Power Lines Construction industries"; this point isn’t clear when you first arrive on the site and it needs to be. Give some left padding to your courses page. Also, give some "you are here" hints with the main nav by using CSS with a specific body ID to color the nav when you’re on that page. Sorry to dump on you like that. Have a nice weekend!

Small constructive accessibility criticism: The navigation is invisible with images turned off.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.