Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Comments on my New website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lazymonkey44

Hey all!

I was hoping I could get some feedback on the design.

And, I am working on the issue with the slideshow embed on the photos page.

http://pittolo.idx.com.au/jacob/

Thanks!

Edwin

Nice design, I like the big header-font you used for your name and welcome. Why don’t you use that same font for the header down there above the text? Right now it looks like your site is departed in two parts, a serf-part and a sans-serif part. Try to connect both parts with eachother.

HJ05

Your images need alt tags so that users without images know what all that text it that you use in the images. Nice looking site though.

Lazymonkey44

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I am definitely going to look into using CSS for the tables. I’m still learning and your feedback is really helpfull. @cybershot: do you know where i can learn a bit about the CSS thing?

Thanks!

Lazymonkey44
    "Edwin" wrote:
    Nice design, I like the big header-font you used for your name and welcome. Why don’t you use that same font for the header down there above the text? Right now it looks like your site is departed in two parts, a serf-part and a sans-serif part. Try to connect both parts with eachother.

I was having a battle with myself over that as the font I used is not going to be on the majority of computers. Do you think I should use a font that is more common, but looks similar? Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!

cssgirl
    Participant

My favorite spot for learning CSS was w3schools. I also bought a few books (or borrowed them from my library) like Zeldman’s book and one by Christopher Schmidt. Also, a big inspiration was the CSS Zen Garden and just coming up with new ideas coding them and working with the code.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.