Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS comicgallery css

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dave

hello all,

i have a few questions to ask and would appreciate any feedback which might help me get a better understanding of css.
    what im basicly trying to do is create a comic gallery similar to the one at http://www.realmofatland.com. the comic page at this location appears to be using the Comicgallery script which is located at http://www.designmeme.com/comicgallery/.
    so for the last couple of weeks i have been trying to learn as much as i can about the comic gallery script. keep in mind css is ver new to me and i have a little previous html experience when used with dreamweaver.

ok, this is the understanding that i have so far. the comicgallery script comes with 3 main files the kubrick.css, comicgallery.php and example.php. the first thing im wondering is what is the simpliest way i can customize the php files so that i can see what im doing without having to upload it to a server. can i simply change the exstention to html? if im trying to customize this page what is the easiest way for me to do so. so far i have installed firefox and firebug, and also a trial version of E texteditor.

if you look at the comic at realmofatland.com, i basicly want to do the same thing. have a background color, header, main content section so that i can simply upload comics and possibly have that sectio grow with content, and also have a footer.

if anyone have any suggestions for how it might be easier for a newby such as myself to accomplish this with minimum effort i would appreciate any suggestion.

by the way Chris, love those podcast (especially the mockup sections) helps out alot.

thank all and i look forward to learning all i can here.

If you want to test PHP locally then you need to download a copy of apache and PHP. This takes some time to configure and can be a real headache BUT is really worth it . . . you only need to do it once.
    Are you on Mac or PC? If mac, then its dead easy.

dave

i use a pc. any suggestions on the most trouble free way to install it?

pab

i think killerpPHp has a tutorial on to set up wamp.

pab
    dave

thanks for the quick response. that link will help out alot. im sure i will be having questions through out this process, but eventually i will post the end result which even at this stage im grateful to css-tricks for.
    good lookin = thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.