Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End ColdFusion CMS / Blog System

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi guys!

I’ve a newcomer to the forum and a long-time reader of CSS Tricks. I simply do web design as a personal hobby and I have been given the task of designing a website for my fraternity. I’m now working on the third version of the website and was asked to put in a news section, which I immediately thought that a blog or CMS would be good for such.

However, I am dealt with a problem: the servers that we host our site on is only ColdFusion enabled. No MySQL, no PHP, nothing. Just ColdFusion. I am baffled by this, considering other fraternities have sites that use Droopal, but I’m not being helped by the IT staff. Does anyone know any good blog systems or CMS that are fairly easy to design around and ColdFusion friendly? If not, does anyone know how I might go about designing my own ColdFusion CMS?

I’ve already ready Chris’ tutorial on making a CMS, but the fact the server can’t support PHP is holding me back.

Quote:
    …the fact the server can’t support PHP is holding me back.

Why not have your fraternity put aside a couple of beers worth of money a month and setup your own website on a proper host then?
    :mrgreen:

"davesgonebananas" wrote:
    Quote:
    …the fact the server can’t support PHP is holding me back.

Why not have your fraternity put aside a couple of beers worth of money a month and setup your own website on a proper host then?
    :mrgreen:

I was actually suggesting the same thing! However, they don’t want to buy server space for the very same reason they are coming to me, a student who’s majoring in International Affairs and Political Science, rather than go to a designer at a firm: it’s not in the budget. They want to manage with what they can get for little-to-no cost rather than dropping money on a decent web host.

You can get decent hosting for $5 a month or less.

I doubt you are going to find a lot of options for ColdFusion CMSs — most of that is done in ASP.NET, PHP or something like Ruby on Rails.

I’m sure there are options for ColdFusion CMS – even roll your own. However, ColdFusion CMS that don’t use a backend database (MySQL, SQL Server, etc) is gonna be hard to find.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.