Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Codepal Redesigned

• # September 19, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Hello friends,
    I posted my first post on CSS-Tricks forum to get a feedback on my first site :) "Codepal-My First Step in the world of Web Designing" . Everyone gave me awesome feedback and I made new friends through that post too :)

Now after nine months of learning new things and developing my skills a bit, I finally managed to re-design a new layout for my site.This new design is improvised and based on a layout which Collis taught in a tutorial on tutsplus.com. [It can be found here] My previous site was a static site so this time I also planned to shift it to wordpress and implement a blog within it.

I still need to design a proper main navigation bar and I could surely use some ideas as to what kind of a navigation bar would look great with the over all theme of the site. At present, the navigation bar just has a rough tabbed styled design. I still haven’t fixed the site in IE6, so it gets a bit messed up in that :( [when will IE6 die ? !]

Here is the Link to the redesigned site

I would just love it if you guys can go through my site and give me feedbacks,tips and suggestions on how to improve it further.

Thanks a ton!

~Sumeet Chawla

# September 20, 2009 at 11:45 am

Looks fantastic Sumeet, can’t really find anything to criticize.

Love the Twitter box in the footer.

I tweeted the site as well. (@Pliggs / @faqpal)

# September 20, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Thanks FAQPAL, specially for tweeting about it :) Its not complete yet though.. May be you can suggest me some thing on how to improve the navigation bar?

By the way, I got the twitter box inspiration from here. I also got the social icons from there but instead of putting them just like that, I innovated a bit and got that effect..

# September 21, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Vast improvement my friend.

One critique – what is going on with the logo/background image of the header there?? Was it stretched to fit? The pixels around the logo just look blurred and the text to the right appear kind of fuzzy and image-lossy. I might either re-check how you saved that image and adjust to a different format, or if it was stretched, change the original and re-cut the image.

# September 22, 2009 at 9:46 am

Well done – very nice site. It could be my old tired eyes but your tagline "A very friendly coding service’ is too small and difficult to read. Other than that – I think it looks awesome.

# September 22, 2009 at 10:12 am

Thanks guys :)
    I improved the navigation bar a bit. The logo is actually a raster image. I am not th at good with the pen tool, so i just rasterized the text and then added shapes to join them together lol. I will redo the whole logo in vector format and then try to save it. I will fix the tag line too..

# September 22, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Ok guys I have fixed the logo and the tag line. I also added a logo which I created lol.. Reviews please :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".