Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Coda vs Espresso

• # March 4, 2011 at 1:48 am

Hello I am making the switch to one of these two platforms. I have read some reviews on google, but would like to hear feedback form anybody using them here.

Coda VS Espresso

Thank You.

# March 4, 2011 at 7:55 am

Coda

# March 4, 2011 at 8:36 am

Netbeans! sorry, just think netbeans is the nuts

# March 4, 2011 at 8:37 am

Apparently there’s a new Espresso coming soon…

# March 4, 2011 at 8:38 am

Hm… I`m using coda everyday. I think it is enough to let me done all the job, :)

# March 4, 2011 at 8:54 am

I’m using Coda, and I’ve never tried anything else. That probably means I’m quite satisfied.

# March 4, 2011 at 11:49 am

I’ll chime in for Coda as well, with the caveat that I haven’t used Espresso and thus can’t compare the two.

# March 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Coda is pretty amazing. I’m only just starting to unlock some of its amazing features.

box
    # March 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I still swear by TextMate. I’ve tried both Coda and Espresso but always return to TextMate. I know that this is because I’ve invested a lot of time in developing my practice for TextMate before the likes of Coda came onto the scene. If you get used to a certain text editor, it’s very difficult to then change to a new one – even if it’s arguably better, as you’ve invested so much time in learning it’s powerful subtleties. If you currently have no preference, then I’d recommend trialling both Coda and Espresso and whichever one you ultimately choose, you’ll love forever. You could even give TextMate a go ;)

# March 6, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Giving Coda a shot…Liking it so far!

# March 8, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Personally like coda… I went from a PC using mostly putty and vim, it’s the first IDE I could get use to and liked…

# March 9, 2011 at 1:43 pm

What about Dreamweaver CS5?

# March 9, 2011 at 3:34 pm

@anoopbal Because it’s expensive and bloated?

# March 9, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Will have to agree with TT on this instance…I have DW CS4 and never use it.

It’s polluted with unnecessary tools/functions/junk, unappealing interface, it’s slow, terrible organization…

Just my opinion

# March 9, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I though the CS5 new inspect and live features were really helpful. I am just a beginner in web designing. I agree it’s expensive.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".