Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Coda for Windows?

• # October 21, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Hey everyone. I really LOVE Coda, but it’s not for Windows. I would like to find an equivalent to this.

I know loads of people will recommend Notepad ++ and Filezilla combo, but the thing I love about Coda is the ability to edit files while they are on the server, without downloading them, or editing them while they’re in a temp directory.

Please help!!

# October 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Check out E Text Editor.

# October 24, 2011 at 4:03 am

@Habbakuk I can see why someone would want it – I used to make use of E-TextEditor and it’s FTP capabilities. Basically you sacrifice security (the backups / version control) for speed and ease of use.

# October 24, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I’ve been using Sublime Text 2 for Windows. Doesn’t come close to Coda on my Mac at home, but it gets the job done when I’m forced into using Windows!

# October 25, 2011 at 4:13 am

For CSS only I very much recommend stylizer

# October 25, 2011 at 4:18 am

The only thing close to CODA on a Windows PC is Adobe Dreamweaver… I use it most of the time in collab. with Notepad++

@kemie I’ve never heard of Stylizer before.. looks pretty promising :) Will check it out, thank you!

# October 28, 2011 at 9:11 pm

@Habbakuk
    I would use this for small (hobby) projects where it would only be a few hours work, but also for specific server coding like connecting to MySQL databases with different credentials to my localhost WAMP

Thanks for the advice :)
    I actually don’t like Dreamweaver very much – it feels to clunky and heavy for hobby stuff.

# October 28, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I’m really shocked people still use Dreamweaver. I used it for less than a day and never went back to it. Sublime Text is the best program I’ve found so far. @JamyGolden found an FTP plugin for it so it is a possible feature.

# October 29, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Just so you know, Notepad++ does have an FTP plugin that lets you open files that are on a server edit, and then save, sending the edited version of the file back up to the server.

# June 30, 2012 at 5:13 am

I will recommend Dreamweaver CS5/CS6.
    Else Sublime Text 2. I love both of them.

# June 30, 2012 at 10:12 am

I love Dreamweaver CS6 because it combines so many things that otherwise I would have to use distinct separate software + plugins for. Sure it’s heavy handed somes time and it’s live view is clunky (which is why I don’t use it) preferring to just view in browser.

However, I have hopes for Adobe Brackets which looks like it could be Coda-like

# June 30, 2012 at 10:26 am

the only thing i use dreamweaver for is html emails.
    for everything else there’s sublime text 2.

# June 30, 2012 at 8:15 pm

the only thing i use dreamweaver for is html emails.
    for everything else there’s sublime text 2.

In my opinion, for everything there’s Sublime Text 2.

# July 2, 2012 at 11:13 am

Sublime text 2 is by far the best
    I also use Aptana for remote editing when needed

# July 6, 2012 at 1:45 pm

@cnwtx, are you saying that you build html eblasts by hand?!?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".