Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Coda and/or TextMate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rebelbwb

Yes, it is true. I am about to migrate over to the world of Apple/Mac here in the next week. Long overdue. In my attempt to try and ‘get ready’ I am also looking at making a Coda and/or TextMate purchase. I’ve looked a little at both. Can any weigh in on what might be ‘better’ if that is right word and if purchasing both is called for. I know for many of you this is a rather elementary question but if you can help out this newbie I would be grateful for your wisdom and insight.

Thanks

I’d probably suggest holding off for the moment until you actually get your mac. Download both trial versions, play around with them, and then make your decision. My personal preference is Coda… I find it’s simple and intitive, and I appreciate the built in FTP and SVN functionality. A code editor does come down to personal preference though, so that’s why I suggest you try both trial versions.

I agree with Chris here — Coda’s text editor doesn’t really compare to Textmate just yet for sheer power (though I hope it will continue to improve!) but Coda has a very well thought out interface and combines html/css editing, FTP, SVN and research all into one app.

rebelbwb

appreciate the feedback guys and gives me something good to go on. i like the idea of d’loading trial versions of both. did some other reading last night and what you all have shared has been echoed on what I read. thanks much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.