Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End CMS or custom code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    austral
    Participant

Hi,

I am deciding between a CMS or custom code…here’s what I need:

MAIN SITE:
    This is the sales site where people sign up for an account and it creates an independent templated site (under directory or sub domain of main site)

MINI SITES – all the same, independent with individual login etc. (but may login from main site?)
    From this sub domain or directory the user signs in (need forgot password / remember me etc.) and edit their text / upload images etc..

Trying to explain it better:

Think of Myspace, you go to the myspace.com main page sign up for a new account, choose you site name (myspace.com/sitename) then can log into the account and edit the details on you page and upload image etc.

it will be a lot simpler than myspace that’s just an example, it will have a number of pages (text and images) but wont have any of the interactivity/messaging between friends.

JaredAM

You could do it with custom code but that would be a lot of work, especially if security is a concern.

You could also use Drupal which allows you to host multiple sites off a single installation and takes care of the security for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.