Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

CMS for a real estate website

• # April 10, 2012 at 9:54 am

Hey guys ! can you please suggest me a good cms for a real estate website. all i want from the cms is to do normal functinalities, like display properties, have a description page for each property where i can add multiple images for the property and then i also want a gmap where i can pin the property and also find directions from that property..

i’ve been looking at joomla, but are there any other better options ?

and one ???

# April 10, 2012 at 10:30 am

Wordpress.

# April 10, 2012 at 10:35 am

Thanks but can you please guide me through !! more specif than wordpress please !

# April 10, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Google, YouTube, a bookstore…there are a ton of resources for someone who wants to learn to make a custom WordPress theme. However there may already be one out there that someone made for doing what you’re doing.

I would check for existing themes/templates first before deciding to make your own.

# April 10, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I’m sure there’s even a specific Real Estate WP plugin.

# April 10, 2012 at 7:40 pm

@theacefes : thanks a lot, but i am not looking for a template. i am looking for a a real estate plugin that can offer me such functionalities as i’ve mentioned earlier.

@TheDoc : thanks yeah i’ve checked them, they are pretty cool ones. but i am still confused with joomla and wordpress, which would you suggest would give more flexibility in managing all the content and would be easy for the client to manage?

# April 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm

You could have a wordpress plugin to go along with a wordpress theme. Different WP themes/layouts/plugins have/create different content types that give you control in content management – but they are all different.

It sounds like you are looking for us to give you an exact link to an exact product that does everything you want (though we really don’t have a good idea of what it is you really want) but you’re not really helping yourself if you don’t at least attempt to search and compare.

# April 10, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Well, i’ve already searched for them, its just to ask an opinion i am asking , if any of the users have used it before , so that they can suggest me and say “hey, this one is good”. wll all the wordpress realestate plugins are here and joomla extensions are here

thanks anyway :)

# April 10, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Joomla is going to be much more hassle than you will want…There are plenty of good WP options out there…WP Plugins are for the most part free, you need to install WordPress and test them out yourself, we really can;t tell you what you are looking for.

# April 11, 2012 at 5:22 am

After doing my bit of reaeach it seems like Joomla has one of the best open source software for managing content.
    They also have a very good understanding for real estate.

Any advice would be appreciated.

# March 12, 2014 at 11:32 pm

OpenRealEstate is a very good CMS it’s simple and very powerfull in one time

I don’t know if someone will visit this topic in the future, but anyway this cms is pretty good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".