Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Client Specific Photo Galleries

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone,

I’m getting ready to propose a solution to a photographer, and one thing they mentioned being interested in was having a client login that allowed them to put photos online for their clients.

There are alot of solutions for this, I’ll share kind of what I was thinking, but I’m curious what people think or have used in the past that might be a better solution.

1) Go the "all out route" and program a customer login with user permissions through a database on the client’s server. The main problem I have with this is that the client not computer savvy, so I would be the one who would add these directories / usernames / passwords every time she had a new customer. I don’t mind billing for the work but whenever I can empower the client I will.

2) Set up a WP site for the client. They could then password protect that one page or post.

3) Use some outside solution like Picasa.

Matt

I’d go the Flex route and create a photo gallery using embedded objects. That way the client can see high res photos, but the photographer doesn’t have to worry about the client being able to rip them off completely. Small/Medium thumbnails aren’t as valuable as full high-res, plus the fact that flash has a 92% penetration rate, I have no doubt that the clients would be able to see the photos fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.