Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Church Project – custom fields -announcements posting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yiminjohn

Hi Chris Coyier,

I’m a big fan of your video wordpress lessons, they’re awesome!!
    And currently I am working on a church project, I just have some questions need help with. Hope you could help me a little bit on that.

This church project is mainly includes the function of announcements posting. For example, if there is a meeting next week, I will post it with some values like Date: Location: Time: and so on… So I was thinking about using custom fields within posts. And then for administrators they can easily log in to wordpress and change or post new post in blackboard area.

The main issue I having is I don’t know how to use "More Fields Plug-in" in wordpress. After I installed it, I created some keys and values but I don’t know how to add them to the post area that different post correlated to specific category. In this project, there are many categories and each category has posts with different custom fields from other categories. Could you help me on this? Thanks.

If you want to maneuver around the category system in wordpress, I suggest you become familiar with the category functions through the WordPress Codex.

For instance,

Code:
    cat_name == ‘My category’)
    {
    ….do stuff here…
    ….like deal with my custom fields…..
    }
    ?>

I found all this by using the Codex and this page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.