Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Chrome -webkit-border-radius bug?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    joelcarlo

There is a workaround here. It uses box-shadow to create a generic border element. Should work until a bug fix is made.

img {
    border-radius: 5px;
    box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 1px green;
    }

briandesu

Just jumpin’ on the hack train. I noticed a similar effect happening when I tried to have an element fade in and out with opacity. Much to my surprise when opacity hit 1 Chrome would no longer clip the edges of content within my container. So, I hacked my way around it by setting opacity to 0.99999.

{
    opacity: 1
    }
    Children bleed around rounded border.

{
    opacity: 0.99999
    }
    Children will no longer bleed around rounded border.
    Ugly, but it works.

nick.spiel
    Participant

I was having a similar issue with hover states on elements with a border-radius wrapper.

The following applied to the parent element with the border radius applied to kick webkit back into line for me:

-webkit-mask-image: -webkit-radial-gradient(white, black);

Still hacky but will suffice until they sort this out – interested to hear other solutions.

richardmtl
    Participant

So, this is a really old thread, but I’m coming here to report that I don’t see the issue anymore with a simple border-radius on Chrome or FF, so it’s all good now! The passage of time fixed it :)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.