Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

@chris about your poll

• .V1
    # August 21, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Hello chris,

I see u still have issues with your poll system, that shows the results in a new page.
    I have been using simulair techniques for a while my self now. And i thought ill share my
    experiance..

Its not a huge fix, its just something u need to know :) if u add:

Code:
    onsubmit=”return false;”

to your

Code:

It should fix all your issues. It should work for u, I tested it at your site by hacking up your DOM through FB and add it to the form, and submitted with out any issues ^_^.

So hopes this helps ;)

# August 22, 2008 at 8:56 pm

Wow! That would be really cool if that could be the thing that fixes this dumb error once and for all. It took a bit of digging around through the plugin files to figure out how it was building that <form>, but I think I found it. If you could take a look and see if it’s working for you with this new addition?

.V1
    # August 27, 2008 at 8:28 am

after submitting your vote u cant see / use the poll anymore. But it should work. Else u should capture the even and use preventDefault().

So either-way.. it should get / be fixed.

# August 27, 2008 at 7:59 pm

Alright well I did exactly what you suggested and it sounds like it’s worse now… So I think I’m gonna pull that out for now. Perhaps a future version of the plugin will fix this properly.

.V1
    # August 28, 2008 at 3:17 am

What went wrong than? In firefox it did fix the issue when i add onsubmit="return false" to the form.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".