Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Changed my website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    karlpcrowley
    Participant

Howdy,
    I’ve changed my website to an unfinished (never will be :P) semi responsive design

http://pixelcutters.com/

I’d love to hear your thoughts as I will be constantly updating this on the fly (hence the quick release)

I’ve tested in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Mobile Safari
    Can someone please check it out on Android and let me know it it behaves like it should

Credit for the logo goes to @joshuanhibbert :)

Vermaas
    Participant

@krysak4ever: Doesn’t HTML5 allow us to use no quotes at all? So like this:

some

But you’re right about when you’re using quotes. Stick with ‘ ‘ or ” “.

Vermaas
    Participant

@krysak4ever: When i give a workshop for those who doesn’t know anything about html at all, it’s easier for those to learn HTML5 than xhtml, because this is more semantic and easier to understand. But that is an other discussion.

@karlpcrowley
    : I like clean website’s, but i think the website is too clean. Personally i’m not attracted to the website. Try to give it more “body”.

Vermaas
    Participant

@karlpcrowley: Go get them tiger :P!

Vermaas
    Participant

I like it! Might change the font to arial or something like that? Just to look how it stands!

By the way, is there a reason why the slider scrolls vertical? I don’t know, it doesn’t feel naturally.

chrisburton
    Participant

Boom. Not too shabby, man.

Why not invest in web fonts? If you’d like to keep it free try the free plan on Typekit over using Helvetica.

jurotek
    Participant

I like it a lot how it behaves at different resolutions.
    Don’t know if it was mentioned, but I would definitely increase line height to 1.6 or 1.7 .

chrisburton
    Participant

Not a supporter of Google web fonts

chrisburton
    Participant

First thing on Monday I would be more than happy to.

HoughtonA
    Participant

I want to say the thought process that went through my head after I tried out the code, but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone else.

That was great, though. Thanks for wrapping up my night.

chrisburton
    Participant

Looks better with an off-white background (#f2f2f2) but your copy would have to change colors.

Just a suggestion, I wouldn’t add a box to the right with your social profiles on it if you already have it in the footer.

(I’m getting started on the type at this moment)

I agree with @ChristopherBurton regarding the colour scheme; I personally prefer a light background. #555 copy looks pretty good on a #f2f2f2 background.

Also, try removing the box shadow on the social box. It doesn’t really match anything else design-wise, and fits in much better without the extra attention.

The responsive slider is awesome, nice work!

I personally prefer that. The other thing you would then need to do is line up the ‘About me’ heading with the ‘Where you can find me’ heading.

The slider looks good with that drop shadow too :)

The paragraph below the ‘Where you can find me’ header doesn’t line up quite right either. The social links look better inline too, nice work.

chrisburton
    Participant

I would remove the texture and leave a clean background.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.