Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Certificate Creator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    von

I was recently asked by my sons’ school to make up some certificates for their reading program. I eventually decided to make a simple jQuery page so the teachers could enter in all the names and build the certificates themselves. I’m sure my code could be much cleaner and do some input validation, but I didn’t really have the time. Check out the print preview to get the idea.

http://home.comcast.net/~vonholdt/test/certificate/

AshtonSanders
    Participant

That’s actually very impressive. There’s no way I’d be able to write that Jquery (today at least)… I’d probably would have done it in just PHP. Fantastic work. I hope they use the heck out of that. [img]http://www.websitesinaflash.com/images/thumbsup.gif[/img]

(Be sure they print landscape versions).

von

Thanks a lot! Two big advantages to doing this in jQuery and HTML is I don’t have to worry about the platform they use it on, and they have concerns about student names on the internet, so I wanted to handle it all client side.

TeMc

Very clever solution !

Though, in this case the teachers have been given a short explaination, if it were a public website with a generator of this kind it would be an issue that one cannot save the image (dragging the img to the desktop will result in the name not being on the image).

Anyhow, that doesn’t matter in this case.
    Looks great.

Steve_hot

Hi Von,

This is awesome. These types of online based solutions could be helpful for many industries. Do you also work in web based applications or just desktop applications? As you know, these days Jquery based web applications are very demanding. Therefore I recommend that you register and do work in some freelancing networks. With their help, you can get many Jquery home based projects and maybe even start your own small business.

buitenkeuken

A very nice example of using Jquery, i can actually use something like this myself, very helpfull thanks!

oliviathn

Certificate is easy create in ASP.net and Java languages. Recently I create a very good certificate for my tuition students. Always remember results never looks like so much full of marks, try to make some quotation which motive to students, other thing is try to make exam hints.

jonnyj99

Chilkat Certificate makes it easy to get information about the security certificates that are stored in its original concept computer.The has not changed over the years give people a resource for professionally designed certificates and prices.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.