Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Certificate 4 in Information Technology (websites)

• # December 23, 2009 at 2:41 am

Hi all :)

This isn’t so much a question or really anything important, just something that I found amusing. I recently decided that I would like to go to college and get the piece of paper to prove that i have the skills to build websites and such. so anyway, I enrolled in the course, and today received the course guide.

The first part of the course is building websites using tables. LOL

and sadly… that is probably the hardest part of the entire course, purely because it has been probably a good 3 years or so since i even touched the idea of using tables for web layout lol.

# December 23, 2009 at 2:56 pm

If that is what they call hard then i wonder what will people do after passing this exam ? I guess education system making more theoretical and less practical is what makes people unusable after exams.

# December 24, 2009 at 2:14 am

Yeah no kidding. you would think they’d update their courses to teach the relevant trends.

# December 25, 2009 at 1:31 am

This is the very reason I abandoned schooling for specifics like this. That and I absolutely refuse to go into debt for school. It’s completely against our culture to view debt as something that isn’t worth the cost of education, but I firmly believe it to be so until we wake up and adopt a system that works a bit better… but I digress (that is a pretty massive tangent :)

# December 27, 2009 at 2:36 am

When I went in for Desktop Support training, the other program available was web design. Judging from the instructor, who used WYSIWYG applications to complete her websites, the fact that dreamweaver and table-based designs didn’t come as a surprise to me.

Just to hit one home, she ordered a MediaTemple account just for static websites. If her clients needed something done, they had to call her.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".