Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Certificate 4 in Information Technology (websites)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mshort

Hi all :)

This isn’t so much a question or really anything important, just something that I found amusing. I recently decided that I would like to go to college and get the piece of paper to prove that i have the skills to build websites and such. so anyway, I enrolled in the course, and today received the course guide.

The first part of the course is building websites using tables. LOL

and sadly… that is probably the hardest part of the entire course, purely because it has been probably a good 3 years or so since i even touched the idea of using tables for web layout lol.

synn

If that is what they call hard then i wonder what will people do after passing this exam ? I guess education system making more theoretical and less practical is what makes people unusable after exams.

mshort

Yeah no kidding. you would think they’d update their courses to teach the relevant trends.

Matt

When I went in for Desktop Support training, the other program available was web design. Judging from the instructor, who used WYSIWYG applications to complete her websites, the fact that dreamweaver and table-based designs didn’t come as a surprise to me.

Just to hit one home, she ordered a MediaTemple account just for static websites. If her clients needed something done, they had to call her.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.