Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Categories themes of wordpress website.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    misterjuli
    Participant

Hey guys, I need any inspirations for website wordpress of themes categories.
    It’s all about home building solutions business. It has many categories and its product is services. I want to buy theme at online marketplace but I’m confused for many choices. I hope I’m getting solutions for someone who had experiences here.. Thanks

shaneisme
    Participant

If I’m getting a theme, I generally like to go to Themeforest. You’ll pay for one, but as far as business expenditures go, it’s really cheap.

Most of the best themes there are very customizable, even for people without any coding experience. A lot of them even have really good support systems and tutorials.

You might want to look at either of these:

http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/corporate
    http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/nonprofit (don’t let the nonprofit scare you, there are some really professional-looking themes in there)

Don’t focus so much on what the preview looks like, focus on the options the theme gives you.

misterjuli
    Participant

Hello shaneisme! and anyone

I saw themeforests has many great websites. I decided to use the classified theme for my project.

My calculation:
    1. buy wordpress theme
    2. buy hosting server
    3. pay github host for private projet to work collaboration with other developer.
    4. hire content writer for 25 pages.
    5. buy photo stocks related.
    6. my profit.

So what do you think about the cost of this project, do you have any suggestions ?

I’m confused to decided its price at the moment.
    I’m freelancer for website jobs for 6 months, earlier my background was graphic designer for a year. In other word, I’m still improving my knowledge of business of website technology.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Thanks

shaneisme
    Participant

The problem isn’t how much it’s going to cost, it’s how much you have to spend.

You need to know your budget and you need to tell a designer / agency what your budget is so they can tell you what is and is not possible within that scope. This stuff goes from zero to infinity.

If you only have a few thousand set aside, not many agencies will take a look at you so you’d have to go with an individual (most likely) and of course even freelancers can charge a little bit or a lot.

Maybe check out this book first: http://www.abookapart.com/products/youre-my-favorite-client

It will give you the information you need to know how not to get screwed out of your valuable time and money.

misterjuli
    Participant

Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.