Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Can you review my new site please?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eric

I changed domains and redesigned my bland old site. The bulk of it is done. There are still some small details to work out. It was the most fun site I have ever built. What do you think? Thanks! http://goo.gl/QCSOX

Anonymous
    Inactive

The background animation is cool, although be aware that IE does not support animations or transitions done with CSS. Also there is way too much text. I almost never visit a website just to read.

VladimirKrstic
    Participant

Don’t put fancy stuff just because you can do so. My advice will be to disable animations on clouds and balloons. Lock airplane on center and animate banner like it’s waving so you get imitation of movement. Maybe you can animate airplane to twist a bit, create loops or something like that. Work on airplane illustration, it can look lot better. Work on banner typography. Disable transparency on main container and arange background(balloons, clouds) illustration to fit nicely and create good overall picture with content and UI elements. Remove Animation:on/off button. You don’t need it. Remove title in Search bar, button that says Search and text field left of it is perfectly enough. You need a different approach for main navigation “home, portfolio, about…”! This is a must, can’t say you how to solve it. But maybe will be best to put simple horizontal navigation on top just under airplane .

All in all it can look pretty good with some minor tweaks.

Cheers!

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Agree with Jarolin and Vladimir on everything except the animation part, I actually like it. Way too much text, tl;dr… and text could be bigger, but that might be personal taste :) Search function doesn’t seem to be working. I can imagine main navigation would be very hard to reach when you get lot’s of comments on a page. I didn’t even see it at first till I read Vladimir’s comment.

djenglander

I totally dig the animation and style of the background.

It seems a shame to cover up your clever design right of the bat.

I would like to see the main topic links cleverly nested within the design of the bg.
    Perhaps 10-15.

Link actions can be modal or perhaps bg slide(extend the width of the bg)

DarinRoman

Great job on the background animation! I think the snippet and menu links make the site seem a bit slow and sluggish. I’d reduce the transition ease on hover from .5s to .2s or even .1s. Perhaps also consider making the link text on hover a lighter color with the darker blue background, there is not enough contrast and they are difficult to read. White would look great on that darker blue!

In style.css line 436 try this:

#home #main li a:hover, #home #main li a:focus, #menu li a:hover, #menu li a:focus, #domains li a:hover, #domains li a:focus, #category #main li a:hover, #category #main li a:focus {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(52, 127, 223, 0.9);
    color: #FFFFFF;
    transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out 0s;
    }

PicnicTutorials
    Participant

I took some of your suggestions and made quite a few changes. Anything else you think needs attending too? http://www.websitecodetutorials.com/

I may have an old browser (i actually don’t) but your nav needs a z-index it is being overlapped by all the panels on the right. At least in my firefox browser.

PicnicTutorials
    Participant

The top nav? I don’t see how that is possible due to the top margin on the wrap. Unless its bleading through the body and collapsing. Which browser?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.