Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Can you disable Goggles drawer on a website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    alex_wilson
    Participant

I’ve been searching the internet for a way to disable Goggles (goggles.sneakygcr.net), but haven’t found anything. Are any of you aware of a way to disable it?

TheDoc

Never even heard of it before. Why are you concerned about it?

You *might* be able to tie into a function that it runs and make it return false, but other than that I have no idea.

alex_wilson
    Participant

I’ve been seeing racist remarks on a gaming forum that I’m part of.

TheDoc

Are you the user of the site or the owner of the site? I was thinking that you were the owner that you didn’t want *anyone* to be able to use Goggle on x-site. If you’re just a user, then the only thing you can do is stop using Goggles.

alex_wilson
    Participant

Well I’m not the owner of that website, but I’m the owner/manager of other websites.

There’s a large group of admins that weren’t aware of what was going on and I wanted to be able to offer a solution to the problem, and I haven’t been able to find any documentation on how to disable it.

TheDoc

In a brief search, I can find any sure-fire way to disable users from running a bookmarklet. At the end of the day, I don’t really think this is much of an issue since the only people that can see the offensive material are using the same bookmarklet.

alex_wilson
    Participant

But, when other members of a small forum are offended by what is being posted it needs to be removed, and we don’t want that behavior to end up on the gaming servers themselves.

One of the admins just blocked it on the forums, so it shouldn’t be a problem anymore.

Thanks for the responses.

TheDoc

How’d he block it? Would love to know!

alex_wilson
    Participant

I didn’t ask, I just know its been blocked. I’ll post it here if I find out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.