Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Can someone recommend a customizable contact form, please?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I need something that can be modified in terms of function and appearance. I would like it to have multiple selections for which person/department the email is to go to, and anti-spam/troll features.

Thanks!

John
    Participant

I’ve been using this one for awhile now. This is for WordPress, but they have do have one for non WP site. https://wordpress.org/plugins/si-contact-form/
    It also has CAPTCHA and a honeypot for spam bots. And here’s the actual webpage: http://www.fastsecurecontactform.com/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings John,

Much appreciated. It looks promising and I’ll have a go at it later today.

Best Regards.

John
    Participant

And you can have as many forms as you like.
    I’ve had about 7 at one point. One for each contact. The only problem I had with it was when I was using the regular contract form with go daddy, if it was pass 4 forms, it would lose the info. But I believe that is fixed, and you can also save your settings.
    And you can assign each form field to css, where you can customize it in your style sheet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings John,

I haven’t had a chance to upload the files to my server as I’ve been busy cleaning up the code in the new site pages I’m working on.

I’m a bit confused about your statement:

And you can have as many forms as you like.
    I’ve had about 7 at one point. One for each contact.

Isn’t there an option to have a drop-down list that has various contacts?

Could you provide a link, or links, to those you’ve created for reference?

I was working on one here and liked the look of it, but its security and function were iffy and I’m too green with CSS and JS to know how to improve/fix it.

A good contact form that I can embed in a page will be my last major hurdle to getting the new site up.

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@John,

Appreciate the attempt at helping, but the form doesn’t appear to be what I need as there aren’t options to have one form for multiple email addresses and there is no working example elsewhere.

Thanks Anyway.

Best Regards.

__
    Participant

I was working on one here and liked the look of it…

If you like the way that form looks, you might consider writing a new back-end for it. Contact forms really aren’t that hard.

if( submitted ){
        // validate
        if( valid ){
            // send mail
            // say thank you
        }
        else{
            // try again
        }
    }
    else{
        // show form
    }

Think about:

• what info you want to collect
    • how to validate the info
    • what you want the form to look like (HTML)
    • what you want the email to look like
    • other features (you mentioned multiple recipients)

I’ll have some time this afternoon if you want to give it a try.

John
    Participant

You should be able to do multiple emails per form. I’ll check when I get home. I believe you can do something in the to field like [email protected];[email protected];[bcc][email protected].

I’ve done this for the form awhile ago, but I’ll just have to double check and get back to you. But that’ll be about 6 or so hours from now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Contact forms really aren’t that hard.

True. Nothing is hard once you know how to do it. For a newbie such as I, it is quite a mystery. I was largely going on this.

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks John,

Looking forward to your reply and clarification.

Best Regards.

John
    Participant

Well I guess you didn’t click on the little help beside the input box.
    Under the basic settings tab, then email settings area, there’s a help link on the right side of the input box and it states this:

Email address the messages are sent to (your email). For basic operation, just enter an email address or accept the suggested address already filled in for you.

If you add multiple email addresses, a drop down list will be created on the contact form. Each contact can have a name and an email address separated by a comma. Separate each contact by pressing enter. If you need to add more than one contact, follow this example:
    Email address the messages are sent to (your email). For basic operation, just enter an email address. If you add multiple email addresses, a drop down list will be created on the contact form. Each contact can have a name and an email address separated by a comma. Separate each contact by pressing enter. If you need to add more than one contact, follow this example:
    If you need to use a comma in the name, escape it with a back slash, like this: \,
    Webmaster,[email protected]
    Sales,[email protected]

You can have multiple emails per contact using [cc]Carbon Copy. Separate each email with a semicolon. Follow this example:
    Sales,[email protected];[email protected];[email protected]

You can specify [cc]Carbon Copy or [bcc]Blind Carbon Copy by using tags. Separate each email with a semicolon. Follow this example:
    Sales,[email protected];[cc][email protected];[cc][email protected];[bcc][email protected];[bcc][email protected]

John
    Participant

So if you just want it sent to multiple emails, then you would do:

[email protected];[email protected];[email protected]

This will sent the content from the form to all people.

Or for a drop down list, then you would do:

Sales,[email protected]
    Technical Support,[email protected]
    Administration,[email protected]

This will send it to the corresponding person only.

Hopefully this helps.

__
    Participant

…I was largely going on this.

Oh! I’m sorry. I completely lost track of that conversation! I hadn’t even seen the last few comments.

I actually do think that it would be easier to write a new backend for it. It seems you’ve taken down the pastebin, but I remember the code being convoluted and hard to work with.

So, if you’re interested, let’s do it. Let me know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings John,

I missed help beside the input. Your help is much appreciated!

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@traq

I’m always interested in learning something new. The form John alerted me to would be easier I’m sure, but I can’t pass up the opportunity to learn about the forms and their coding, so I am indeed interested in a new backend for the form. I created a new pastebin for the code and pasted the link here on the original discussion. The old pastebin expired.

Thanks traq!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.