Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Call CSS in Javascript

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I am creating a Safari extension that clears Outlook.com advertisements and other content. I have made two versions of the extension, one with CSS and one Javascript. However, there is a delay when removing the elements with Javascript. I was wondering is it possible to call a CSS file using Javascript so that it removes the elements quicker?

If anyone has made a Safari extension or is familiar with it, how can I make check box that will call a specific CSS file? For example, there is a CSS file called ‘ads’ and I have checkbox with the ‘Key’ ads and I want to be able to find a way so that I can call it when the checkbox has been checked.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say :) It is a bit difficult to write what I want to say.

Thanks.

__
    Participant

I was wondering is it possible to call a CSS file using Javascript so that it removes the elements quicker?

“call” CSS? do you mean, “load a CSS file”? Sure, use document.createElement to create a <link> and set the type, href, and rel attributes.

However, CSS does not “remove” elements. Are you just setting the element’s display properties to “none”?

can I make check box that will call a specific CSS file?

You can add an event listener to that checkbox, so your script can do something when it is checked. Listen for the “change” event.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, that is correct. I am setting the display to ‘none’. Here is my javascript, how do I put your code into mine? Thanks.

if (e.advertisements !='show') {
                var customStyles = document.createElement('style');
                customStyles.appendChild(document.createTextNode('#RightRailContainer {display: none !important;}'));
                document.documentElement.insertBefore(customStyles);

}
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.