Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Buying Photoshop help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sue f

Hi Everyone, this is my first post after being an avid reader for some time. This site really is invaluable.

After playing around with creating site layouts using old versions of Firefox and Photoshop 7 I have now reached the stage where I am increasingly frustrated with the lack of decent resources for older versions (especially brushes etc.) so the time has come to get serious and splash out on an upgrade.

After browsing around the best deal I can find is for the CS4 Web (standard) edition. This seems to have everything I would need and some other stuff that I probably don’t. For another £200 I can get the premium edition but am at a loss to see what the extra cash will buy me and whether it’s worth it.

Any sage advice would be greatly appreciated before I make a costly error either way.

TheDoc

Here are the programs that I use:

Photoshop
    Illustrator
    Dreamweaver

I hate using Fireworks, and my job doesn’t really require me to ever go near Indesign (thank God!). It looks like the Web Premium package would probably do the trick for you.

I highly recommend trying to get a student discount. If you aren’t a student, find somebody who is. I think the Web Premium costs about US$350 with the student discount.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I actually really like fireworks image optimisation tools… don’t use it for design though

sue f

Thanks for the info. I conveniently have a teenager knocking around the place so can utilise her for the student discount! (I knew that kid would come in handy one day :D )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.