Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Buying a mac

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pab

Sooo I’m seriously thinking of buying a mac this week and wanted to ask you guys some questions

text editors what do you recommend I’m thinking textmate or coda, what do you suggest

how is the ftp set up for both.

also what gadgets or cool ass gimmickery should I install to "enhance my browsing experience " and more importantly my work flow.

thanks for answering

pab

Ryqiem

just a hint, try out CSSedit, it rocks.

LonChaney
    "Ryqiem" wrote:
    just a hint, try out CSSedit, it rocks.

I agree, CSSEdit is a great addition. I also like Smultron (text editor) and FileZilla (FTP) because they’re free!

lowell

an editor for the mac?

i cant believe no one’s mentioned TextMate. their is no other editor. ;) well, at least to us rails devs there isn’t.

franksta
    "lowell" wrote:
    an editor for the mac?

i cant believe no one’s mentioned TextMate. their is no editor. ;) well, at least to us rails devs there isn’t.

I can not wait to purchase a MacBook Pro; I am waiting to get my financial situation correct before I go about doing it but two main coders here at work insist that TextMate is where it is at hands down. I have test drove TextMate and thought it was great, I haven’t test drove Coda yet.

missyseepy

I use both Coda and TextMate and I love both.

Coda is great for live-coding, saving a file and automatically uploading to a server. It misses TM’s great features like snippets and bundles but looks very sleek, simply beautiful as every Mac application should :)

TM is awesome for local projects, it speeds up coding in an enormous way if you spend some time learning all the shortcuts.

What I think could be a Coda/TM-combo killer is Espresso – new app from makers of CSSEdit. It looks like Coda and TM combined, which would be really really great. Can’t wait to try it tbh :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.