Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Business Directory Platform?

• # November 17, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Hi there.

I´m thinking of creating a local business directory, with one line listings, and paid photo ads….what platform would people recommend for this?

Thanks

# November 18, 2011 at 4:11 am

Hello?

Is wordpress a good option? I hear it has plug ins for directories.

Rob
    # November 18, 2011 at 6:10 am

You can use WordPress – I would, but if you have never used it before you might have a lot of learning to do. :) I built a business directory a few years ago, it was my first PHP project – didn’t take too long really, it was pretty simple…

# November 18, 2011 at 8:26 am

Thanks, I thought WordPress might be the answer.

I planned to get stuck into wordpress, because that seems to be where it´s at! I´ve seen Chris´s video tut- PSD to wordpress- but can anyone recommend a more recent build along WordPress tutorial? Is Chris´s tutorial very outdated??

Cheers.

Rob
    # November 18, 2011 at 10:52 am

Yea just to clear that up – I made my directory without wordpress and just coded it from scratch.

On the video: Yes it probably is a little dated by now – especially for some of the newer awesome features… but I would look into things like custom post types and custom taxomonies (categories) as an add on to the video Chris made.

I think the video will help you though :)

# March 25, 2013 at 3:08 am

I think check esyndicate directory software… i have used it and good for you.but still check it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".