Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

bulk Image resizer

• # June 29, 2012 at 10:55 am

This isn’t exactly a website question but I am going to put 250 pictures on my website in a few days and I am in serious need of a bulk image resizer. I don’t want to have to have to go to photoshop and resize all of these images one by one so can somebody please help me!!! If there isn’t one out there I would to be apart of making one so contact me through this forum if I can help.

# June 29, 2012 at 1:16 pm

You can create a batch action in Photoshop, though I agree it’s not the best. If you’re on a Mac, I use EasyBatchPhoto.

# June 29, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Here’s a tutorial by Kyle Steed using Fireworks.

# August 19, 2012 at 9:20 am

Batch editing is a trait that’s not uncommon in the photography field. While we need a lot of pictures watermarked or resized, batch editing software be able to take care of it for us. I also use ReaConverter software with batch editing mode. ReaConverter is a good batch image converter, and it’s quality as a image converters is the ability to compose batch image conversion and oft-recurring picture editing simple.

# August 19, 2012 at 11:20 am

If you have a Mac I can send you an automator script I made.

# August 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm

PS bulk actions are the way to go. You can also look up ‘Photoshop Droplets’

# August 19, 2012 at 1:11 pm

@andy_unleash I do have a brand new Mac mini.

# August 19, 2012 at 5:54 pm

@chanman – I just found a super easy way to do multiple image resizing.

If you go to the folder/files that you want to edit, select them all and hit spacebar. Then click “open in preview” in the top right.

Then on the top left you have “thumbnails view” – click this and then make sure all your images are highlighted on the left.

Then go to “Tools” on the menubar and “Adjust Size” – there ya go.

# August 19, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I know IrfanView will do batch functions.

# August 19, 2012 at 6:44 pm

@Mottie, my favorite image viewer and editor for many years

# February 6, 2014 at 1:47 am

I know this is an old post but I came across it when searching for a batch editor so I thought I’d contribute what I found.

If you have Windows you should give Shrink ‘o’ Matic a try. It uses Adobe Air.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".