Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Browser Compatibility Issues.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m having problems with the position of a div. If I make it look right in FF it looks wrong in IE 7/8 and vice versa. When I try to inspect the page in FireFox using FireBug’s Element Inspector it shows that the div wrapper for my button is 15px above the actual button. When you look at the same page in IE the button is in its wrapper but of course 15px above where it needs to be.

The problem button will be at the bottom left "Sandestin Registration >>"
    http://www.shepardsuperteam.com/chris/100kplus_pg1.html

You will need to check it out in both browsers to see what I’m talking about and FireBug helps to.

Note: I am currently using a script that fixes problems between IE7 and IE8 (<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7"/>) which has worked fine on every other page even this one but has no effect on this button.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

So here’s what’s strange:

1) The top of your button is about 345px from the top of it’s parent div, but your "TOP" is 299px.
    2) If you use Firebug to hover over the element, you will see that the #RegisterButton is sitting above where it should be, yet the link "inside" of it is being pushed below it.

Something is pushing that link down ~46px, but it is too late for me to figure out. Anyone have an idea?

Hey, Thanks Virtual for your time.

I knew about Conditional Comments but I didn’t know what they were called, so that helps. But I’m not sure how to apply them. I first took out the Emulate code and then tried pasting a copy of the #wrapper #MidSection100kPlus_pg1 #RegisterButton { into the Conditional Comment but I got a Parsing Error. Then I tried just putting "top:325" between the Conditional Comment and it said the same thing. Where exactly am I supposed to put the Comment and what Code do I put in it?

Thanks Again.

My First Attempt

<!–[if IE 7]>
    #wrapper #MidSection100kPlus_pg1 #RegisterButton {
    color: #333333;
    line-height:13px;
    color: #000000;
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    height: 28px;
    width: 76px;
    position: relative;
    left: 55px;
    top: 299px;

}
    <![endif]–>

My Second Attempt

#wrapper #MidSection100kPlus_pg1 #RegisterButton {
    color: #333333;
    line-height:13px;
    color: #000000;
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    height: 28px;
    width: 76px;
    position: relative;
    left: 55px;
    top: 299px;
    <!–[if IE 7]>
    top:325px;
    <![endif]–>

}

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.