Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Browser Compatibility Issue: h1 overlap with div

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    seansean11
    Participant

Hi,

I am working on getting my site working clean across browsers and have been running into a lot of issues. The one I’m stuck on right now is a h1 element that is overlapping a div on my blog page (using chrome 16.0.912.21 beta). I was using Firefox as a test browser while designing the site and it respects the div element, by placing the h1 text to the right of it. I’m no web design expert and hope that someone could enlighten me as to why chrome does not do the same and lets the h1 text overlap the div. The div is .drop (water droplet) next to my post title. I sized it correctly and put the image in as the div bg. I thought that display: block; might do the trick, but doesn’t seem to change anything. Please take a look if you get a chance:

http://adechonduras.org/category/news/

PS- What are the best tools to use to test your site across browsers? I use a mac and the whole ie compatibility is driving me crazy.

Thank You,

Sean

standuncan

Have you tried:

#primary h1 {margin-left: –px;}

seansean11
    Participant

Much appreciated wolfcry…it worked like a charm. I’m surprised there’s no simpler way to do the ie checks. I used to run bootcamp but was happy to get rid of it when I acquired the software I needed for a mac. Thank you very much!

seansean11
    Participant

Hey,
    I’m sorry to bug you again, but the problem seems to have resurfaced and I don’t understand why this might be happening (because it was working after I had changed the CSS). Any ideas?
    Thanks,

Sean

seansean11
    Participant

Thanks Again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.