Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Browser adding # to URL in address bar / page jumping to top

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drazzee
    Participant

I recently built out a website for a good friend of mine using a nice template. Towards the launch date i started noticing this # that would appear at first only in IE, but now Chrome is showing it too.

I also noticed when i link to a another page or section of a page and then use my <back> button, it jumps to the top of the page. Almost like it sees another anchor maybe, weird and very frustrating because the navigation is not smooth and looks ugly.

We had to go live with the site like it is, but I hate leaving something so tackie out there, knowing it is not right. I know I can’t be the only one who has had issue..

my friend’s site – http://leelawgroup.net

Has anyone seen this and better yet how is this fixed

thanks

mreider
    Participant

I just loaded the site without issues. Where exactly is the # showing up at?

yeahmkd
    Participant

Not sure where you went off to, but I usually put href=”javascript:void(0)” into buttons that are for modals and things

Craigw14
    Participant

yeah, I agree with yeahmkd, it looks like you’ve used href=”#”, you should have it set to href=”javascript:void(0)”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.