Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Box #4 in Rounded Corners??

• # June 26, 2008 at 1:43 pm

I like the way that box #4 operates in the latest videocast, Rounded Corners .

Real simple but I have a problem with it in both IE7 and FF2/3.

When I put the box with rounded corners on my screen with an image background,
    the corners show as rounded OK but the background on the corner is white. Doesn’t
    blend in very well with the page.

Any way to get around this?

Al

box
    # June 26, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Use a transparent png for your images.

# June 26, 2008 at 10:30 pm

Box #4 in Rounded Corners does not use any images, it is using a jquery ‘corner’ function
    to create the corners.

Al

# June 26, 2008 at 10:38 pm

I notice if I use a solid color background (for example, pink) in place of the background image, then
    the corners are colored in with the color specified, but not if I use a background image repeated to
    cover the full page.

Al

# June 26, 2008 at 11:45 pm

Sounds like the plugin is smart enough to detect the background color the corners are sitting on top of, but it can’t figure that out if it’s sitting on top of an image that is using a different color. I’d say just make sure you use a flat color and make sure to set the background color of the page element directly beneath the element getting rounded corners to match.

box
    # June 27, 2008 at 3:39 am
    "al_m473" wrote:
    Box #4 in Rounded Corners does not use any images, it is using a jquery ‘corner’ function
    to create the corners.

Al

Sorry – I misunderstood your question.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".