Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Bootstrap Static Popovers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    DesignLady94

Could someone help me set up a static popover using Bootstrap as shown here: http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html#popovers?
    I can’t figure out how and where to set up up the data attribute to bring in the content.

I’ve tried using their suggested js too but that doesn’t seem to work either.

Popover top

Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Aenean eu leo quam. Pellentesque ornare sem lacinia quam venenatis vestibulum.

JS:

$(‘#example’).popover(options)

TheDoc

For whatever reason, this forum *really* doesn’t like how you insert code – I keep on having to go into your posts and fixing it! Can you send me a PM with what your process is – you might not be doing anything wrong, might just be our system – thanks!

DesignLady94

oh I’m so sorry Doc! I am just clicking the blue Code link above the comment box and pasting the code in.

TheDoc

I think you just go like this:

HTML:

Click to toggle popover

JS:

$(‘.your-class’).popover();

DesignLady94

It seemed to work okay when I posted code in a PM, but not here…

DesignLady94

You mean just paste the code in without clicking the Code link?

TheDoc

Paste the code in, highlight it and then click the ‘Code’ button – that should work!

Back to your problem, though, did you see my example?

DesignLady94

oh! I was doing it backwards..let me try it here. I’m new to this forum.

Popover top

Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Aenean eu leo quam. Pellentesque ornare sem lacinia quam venenatis vestibulum.

TheDoc

Also remember that if you’re having problems posting your code you can always post it on Codepen. Here’s a guide: https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/comment/87079

DesignLady94

Didn’t work :( Is there a way to delete comments?

And I tried your popover code…that didn’t work either…Keep in mind that I am not wanting to click anything…I just want it to show up as a static popover.

I’d post the html but don’t want it to mess up again.

DesignLady94

I’ve tried codepen…but I don’t see any place to enter resource docs, like bootstrap.css as you can do in JS Fiddle.

DesignLady94

Let me try the html here cause I think that’s where I am having the problem.

$(‘.refer’).popover();

TheDoc

The *best* way for us to diagnose the problem is with a link to the website that you’re working on, specifically to the page where the issue is.

DesignLady94

arggg…I forgot to post that. http://www.debbierking.com/bootstrap/refer.php

TheDoc

And where are the popovers supposed to occur?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.