Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Bootstrap – Mobile View Issues.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rgcouk

Hello, Im looking for anyone that could help me with my issue that is causing problems with mobile view, i’ve been wrecking my brain trying to find out whats stopping scrolling in mobile views.

http://www.smartmove.org.uk/

I’ve browsed online and found various issues but none seem to have the answer to my problem, i’ve made sure i included

Please, i’d be very grateful for any feedback, help on this matter.
    thanks
    Ricky Green

rgcouk

rgcouk

Anyone please? :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re using a framework that you know nothing about. You’re closing your meta tag with ” />”. You need to learn about the modern web. If you’re still closing tags that way, then you’re missing the fundamental understanding of your craft. My advice is, if a Framework doesn’t work, write it yourself from scratch.

TheDoc

When I disable Javascript it works fine, so it must be something there.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

@msguerra74, I still close empty elements with `/>`. It’s valid html5, just saying :P

Anonymous
    Inactive

@CrocoDillon, It is valid, but it’s from xhtml and xml, which is not needed in html5. To each his own though, right?

Lol, I’m just cranky today and little things are bothering me. Sorry guys =)

NghiQuach
    Participant

Not sure I see your issue here.

rgcouk

@TheDoc – Thanks, i’ll have a look play as i have my suspicions that the mootools.js could be doing this.

@msguerra74 – I find it easier to read when they are closed.

@NghiQuach
    – Are you viewing this on a mobile devices.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rgcouk, it’s old syntax. It’s xhtml and not html5, so why not get up with the times and do things the way they’re done now? If I hung around in the old days, I’d still be designing with tables, but things changed to CSS layouts, just as xhtml has changed to html5. You have to keep up, or you’ll be pushed aside. I’ve been doing this since 1997, so I know how much things change. They’re changing faster than ever right now, so you have to keep up with those changes, or you’ll fall behind, plain and simple.

rgcouk

@msguerra74 – I wouldn’t consider it old syntax, infact it’s current, until every last site and browser are running HTML5 i would consider it, and it’s not invalid to close my meta tags and i find it more convient and easier to read for me personally. i don’t know how on earth you can compare me closing my meta tags and you using tables is beyond me, firstly tables are for displaying data and have never really been for structure of your website, granted it used to be done, maybe some people still do it but it’s wrong, unlike closing your meta tags that until the latest release has been common practice.

Don’t be worrying about me keeping up or getting pushed aside, you may have been doing this since 1997 and by you avatar your design skills haven’t really caught up, the whole primary colour blur went out with embossing around 1997, to be perfectly honest you haven’t in anyway contributed to the solution to my problem, infact you’ve basically attacked me for closing meta tags.

Thanks to the people that had constructive replies to my thread, i have actually solved the problem, the CMS was calling the default bootstrap styles over mine, sorted that out and now it scrolls.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, I was really cranky yesterday and I apologize for that. I won’t let that happen again.

@rgcouk
    , Again, I apologize for all of this. You’re right, it’s not wrong to close your tags that way. I haven’t done layouts in tables in over 10 years, but back in the wild west days, we did the best we could. You obviously don’t remember 1997 very well because my avatar is clearly designed in the 1998 style mister! Anyway, best of luck with your web work.

rgcouk

Very well, may i suggest if your mood gives your urges to vent your emotions over forums you should looking into speaking to someone about it.

That being said, water under the bridge and i hope our next encounter is a better one :)

all the best.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rgcouk, thanks and take care!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.