Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Book advice (about from beginning to end)

• # January 29, 2010 at 8:30 am

I just got Ian Lloyd’s book "Build Your Own Web Site the Right Way Using HTML and CSS" as a pdf-file. I would like to have one other similar book, as a book.

Could you tell me, is there also another book that shows from beginning to end how to build a real (but maybe example) web page?

Secondly, what is "the next step" from Lloyd´s book?

Thanx in advance! 8-)

# January 29, 2010 at 9:18 am

Have you tried looking on Amazon for the book version and any sequels?

# January 29, 2010 at 9:59 am

Hmm….that is a tricky one!

I too started out with Mr Lloyd’s book, albeit in book form. It was the only book on HTML that I have read, technically everything you really need is there. From then on I have learned through reading forums, online tutorials and just basic trial and error. So I’d miss out on buying another book and just try and get stuck into it! :D

# January 29, 2010 at 10:04 am
    "virtual" wrote:
    Have you tried looking on Amazon for the book version and any sequels?

I don´t think I need a book-version. Or is there anything coming along with the book?

I have looked around at reviews, I just find it hard to look for the right things in the reviews I looked at and knowing that is this book the one I´m looking for. I do indeed is a novice when it comes to css. So any help would be good!

# January 29, 2010 at 11:16 am

When I started, I used a book from this series
    http://www.amazon.com/HTML-XHTML-Sixth- … 440&sr=1-2

Otherwise another good way to learn is to download free templates and experiment with them. Each designer has their own particular way of styling and writing code, and taking the template apart helps understand it better.

# February 1, 2010 at 11:20 am

Is here nobody else that have read one or more books that perhaps could answers my questions? :?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".