Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Blogger Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rohithzr
    Participant

I created a blog around a couple of years ago, and frankly i was an real amateur back then. With time i learnt a lot of things including that “wordpress is better than blogger” now the thing is that i want to redesign my whole blog, i mean completely, but i don’t know how to do that on blogger but for wordpress, templates can be created.

I have a some good stats that have build with time and so i am not sure if it is right to move to a new domain (.wordpress.com) and i am not in a position to host a website (buy a domain and webspace) right now.

So here is the thing :

is there any way i can apply a whole new design to blogger?

is there a way i can transfer my blog to wordpress with comments and all [and then redirect my blog to new domain]

or anything else that i am unaware of?

Well any help here would be very very very much appreciated.

My blog is [here](http://technopits.blogspot.com “Technopits”)

Paulie_D

You can ‘template’ Blogger to your own specs but it’s not simple.

You can download (backup) the template (I think it’s under ‘Edit HTML’) and make adjustments and re-upload.

The issue is that (AFAIK), Blogger uses ‘custom’ code for widgets and base styles. Once you get to grips with that it’s not a difficult process.

Unfortunately, I haven’t found any current step by step tutorials or even comprehensive advice on the process.

Transferring to WP might be the best option.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-switch-from-blogger-to-wordpress-without-losing-google-rankings/

Rohithzr
    Participant

@paulie_D transferring would need domain and websapce. :( i maybe able to manage domain but currently can’t go for webspace. I’ll try editing blogger i guess. Let’s see where it goes.

if there is any thing else i can do then tell me.. Else problem Solved :(

Paulie_D

There are custom themes for Blogger you can get.

The basic principal is still the same.

Make sure you take a proper backup of this base (existing) template and keep it somewhere safe.

Never overwrite it and always use a copy to play with. that way, if something terrible happens you can just restore the safe backup and start again.

If you find a change that you like, save that iteration in safe place (with a suitable filename – blogger doesn’t care as long as it’s an .xml file) and go from there.

Rohithzr
    Participant

Thanks a lot. I’ll do the same :) feeling better now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.