Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Better way to slice images in PHOTOSHOP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    inbliss

Ok so l love the vids on this site, but after watching the

#12: Converting a Photoshop Mockup: Part Two, Episode One

l just thought l would let people know a different way of slicing images.
    So Chris uses the crop tool but that means you have to go back a step in the history box, and thats cool but what happens if you save your PSD file after you have croped it…… uhhhh lets not think about it.

instead of using the crop tool use the marque tool and then follow the steps

step 1 – Control-Shift-C at the same time (to save what is selected)

step 2 -Control-N at the same time (this will bring up a new document window that is the same size of the image that is selected) hit enter to bring it up.

step 3 -Control-V at the same time to past in place.

thats it… now you still have your site design file and your sliced image as a new file…
    l hope you find this as useful as l have.

INBLISS

mikes

Hey, that’s pretty slick. I’ve been doing it the other way for years. I don’t have to slice up images very often but it never occured to me to even question my crop/save/undo method. Fortunately, I’ve never had an ‘accident’ but I’ve always been afraid that I would. Thanks for the tip!

uba

Another way that I use is to use the Photoshop’s Slice Tool and select the slices that I want to cut out then give them names and finely save them for web where I select the image format I want and then hit save. It saves all of the selected slices with the filename I give to them while slicing.

Using this approach I don’t have to worry about cropping and then saving it or need to flatten the image.

The slice tool is the best method, you only need the one file, no need to copy and paste to a new image, or use the crop tool.

You have the one image and the slice lines will remain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.