Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Beta] Live edit CSS, Sass & LESS projects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Namit

We’ve been working on a new app that let’s you live preview changes to Sass and LESS files as you type. Been using it for the last few weeks and it’s doubled our productivity when working on Sass heavy websites.

Looking for a small group of beta testers for http://getedge.io

If you’re interested please leave your email on the site or reply below and I’ll get you hooked up.

Paulie_D

What OS or other requirements?

Namit

@paulie_d Mac and Sublime Text 2 right now for the moment, we plan on adding support for other editors soon.

Paulie_D

So no Windows version then…pagh!

mellasc

This live Sass feature is what I’ve been looking for ever since it came out a couple years ago. I waste at least an hour per day saving and refreshing everytime I make a change to my .scss files.

Will this be available on Windows?

Namit

Unfortunately we don’t plan on releasing it on Windows just yet – Mac only for now.

Paulie_D

I’m looking into Scout but although it installs easily enough the requirements/documentation/instructions are severely lacking.

However, this article (linked below) gives me some hope I just haven’t had time to try it out.

http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/tutorials/workflow-tutorials/quick-tip-working-with-sass-and-bootstrap/

mellasc

I know I asked this before, but I’m wondering if you have any time frame for when this AMAZING app will be available for either Windows 7 or 8. There’s a ton of developers who work on the Windows platform that would love to pay for this program.

sliver37

@Namit, Very nice looking app, the demand for something like this on windows is higher than you might think. The second a good one is released I’ll throw my money at it.

@Paulie_D
    , @mellasc

You guys should definitely give Scout a go if you haven’t. I’ve been using it for a few months, it’s easy to set up and works good enough. The only issue is the GUI can be really laggy and slow (regardless of your hardware) especially if you have multiple projects configured but for a basic compiler it does the job. Beats using Terminal!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.