Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Best SEO Practices for WordPress?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ilya

Hello everyone,

I just begun my new job which involves designing and developing templates for WordPress. I have several websites rich with content that I need to redesign and optimise for search engines. I have never really developed a project with SEO in mind, but I think it’s time for me to learn it. I understand it in terms of markup (making markup as descriptive as possible e.g. using relevant elements, id’s classes etc..) But that’s as far as it goes. Could you suggest what else can be done on my part to make websites as SEO friendly as possible (Don’t include answers like external and internal links from websites with high page rank, that’s something what other guy in the company is responsible for, I mean in terms of markup etc..)

LauraMoraiti

First of all train your Content Team to use short but relevant descriptions in every image for the alt attribute and the caption. Also names written with hyphens as spaces like-this.

Use friendly permalinks that are related or equal to the title (just like the topic URL here: “best-seo-practices-for-wordpress”).

Don’t use images to embed content, use @font-face for titles with custom font whenever possible and if you really really have to put text in the image use a very accurate alt and caption.

Also take a look at the author ownership so the site gets a rich snippet in Google searchs.

This four are at the top of my mind right now.

LauraMoraiti

Htmlmainiac you actually don’t need the Yoast plugin because with WP functions is much easier to do all de SEO work. Calling description, tags, alt, etc is much easier with WP functions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.