Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Best Free CSS Editor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    djrolstad
    Participant

Whats the best css/html editor and FTP client that I can use for windows? I’m use to Coda for the Mac.

clod
    Participant

I love Codelobster ( http://www.codelobster.com )

chrisburton
    Participant

Sublime has a plugin for FTP but it’s a trial. $16 or something for the full version which doesn’t seem to be competitive.

corey_rothwell
    Participant

I am absolutely loving Sublime Text 2. I never liked Notepad++.

djrolstad
    Participant

why do you like Sublime Text 2 more than Notepad++

GMB
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton — competitive or not, Sublime SFTP is a great plug-in — easy to set up and use, with many nice options. It is a boon for ST IMO and I find the $16 price reasonable for the functionality added.

ronangelo

I use Notepad++, it’s a very flexible text editor but it doesn’t highlight a few css properties.

westerncj

When I used Windows I loved Notepad++. There is also a really cool editor in the making that I love called InType. Although it falls short because it’s missing some functionality. It’s just so pretty! http://inotai.com/intype/

_Hu

I’m used to Notepad++ and FlashFXP in Windows.Notepad++ is nice to those who like to click around(normally in Windows),as well as those who love keyboard shortcuts.

Zoom
    Participant

I tried several editors / IDEs recently and the best free one I found is Netbeans.

FTP is integrated since it is an IDE. It has a lot more features which you might not need initially but which might turn out to be useful once you try them.

Sublime Text 2 has some sort of “infinite trial”, but it is not free (and apparently you are supposed to pay for some plugins also)

Webbster

I’m using Notepad++, too. It’s simply great, and you can expand it with highlighting for LESS and SASS as well.

bkbillma

Notepad++ and Filezilla. If you go with N++ checkout the plugins and customization it is hard to beat.

Also if you are getting into SASS then checkout [Scout for SASS](http://mhs.github.com/scout-app/ “”)

Sublime text 2 is great, really user friendly and its free!

base0902
    Participant

Sublime Text 2 FTW!!!!!

danieldatton

I still stick by Komodo Edit and Komodo IDE. You’ll struggle to find a difference between them, but the Edit version is free, its always baffled me why i upgrades to the IDE since i have never found anything that i couldn’t do in Edit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.