Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Been hired to re-design a website…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

A company hired us to re-brand and design this site:

http://tasteforlife.com/

This is the concept I came up with. We are just in the beginnings of the design phase, so any feedback is much appreciated, especially anything you think that might spruce the design up. I believe it will just be this design on a purely white bg.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

firstly – much better element organisation from the old site… :D

I like the lightness, the green gives it a healthy feeling and I like the logo :)

TheDoc

I think it looks good. I really like how in maintains the same overall feel of the old site. That is good for users as it won’t take them a very long time to adjust.

Having said that, I do have a few typographical comments though:

1) The headers (Featured Articles, Bloggers, Reviews, etc) – the letters are just far too stretched out. Your nav bar looks clean and easy to read, but those little headers have the opposite effect due to the stretched text. In my oh so humble opinion, you should never have that much letter spacing.

2) Regular text – it’s important when designing a site to turn off the Smooth/Strong/Crisp/Sharp setting on your text in Photoshop. This will give you a realistic idea of what your text will look like in the web browser.

Padding! You seem to have a lot of it going on. It is very noticeable under "Reviews" and "Samples". I’m all for white space, but it has to be used correctly, which I don’t really feel like it is in this case.

Overall I like it a lot, I think you just need to start fine tuning it!

Luminated

Thanks all!

@Doc
    …The title bars is really the one thing I am unhappy about…I feel they need something, but not sure what yet. The letter spacing was an experiment which I already don’t like either. The padding will certainly be reduced once we start coding, I just wasn’t sure how much info the client wanted on the homepage when I completed this first revision.

Luminated
    "xheathen" wrote:
    It seems to me like you may want to employee a larger footer – this site seems to be pretty dang extensive. I can think of quite a few things that could also go in the footer but just wouldn’t fit if you kept the short format it’s currently at.

Agreed…and I’m open to any suggestions…yeah, the site is quite large (it’s actually a multi-phase project).

Quote:
    Maybe a nice content break graphic followed by columns? Just my 2 cents.

Did you mean this for the footer?

I like the site’s design, it is defiantly better than the current one. If I were to recommend you change one thing it would be that you make the text of the menu items slightly smaller – either that of change the font to make them a bit different, apart from that I like it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.