Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Beanstalk/Git Push changing permissions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andy Howells
    Participant

Has anyone come across this issue before? If I drag and drop upload via FTP permissions on files are fine, like 644 on files, 755 on directories.

If I push via GIt & Beanstalk for some reason it’s changing permissions to 600 which then means that problems are arising, for example, not being able to load new images or scripts.

Is there a way for me to force a permission when committing/pushing?

jasonw

Hey Pal,

I see that it’s been quite some time since you posted this, but I’ll offer somewhat of a solution here anyhow…

Unfortunately git does not store permissions other than the state of the executable bit. However, group ownership should be retained when pushing the repository depending on the SUID bit you have set on the folder permissions. I recommend trying to push your code to a sub directory in the document root to see what permissions are used. If the permissions are appropriate, ownership looks correct, and you don’t get a 5xx error when accessing one of the files, you can delete the test directory and proceed to push the code to the appropriate directory for further testing.

Hope this helps!

jasonw

An addendum, change the file permissions in your git repo to reflect what you desire the directories and files to maintain in the server environment & this should do the trick.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.