Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Basic WooCommerce question – strange white column

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

I have some coding experience from my days in college, and once build a decent site from scratch using HTML, but I am pretty rusty and am a real novice when it comes to CSS. So I was hoping that someone could help me with an issue that I am facing on my wife’s blog. I hope that it is an easy one!

I installed WooCommerce on her blog today. All is working well enough, but I added a first product and notice a strange white column that appears in front of the site’s background image in each of the pages for the tabs on this product page. So there are three tabs on the product page: “Description”, “Additional Information” and “Review”. This white column appears when I click on each of the tabs.

Note that I am not using a WooTheme. I use the Magnificent theme from Elegant Themes and that is it.

The link to the page with the issue (product page) is here: http://www.creativityinpieces.com/shop/leather-and-gemstone-bracelet-tutorial-pdf-tutorial/

Does anyone know what I need to do in order to make this white column go away? I would even accept a fix to make the column width such that it spans the entire width of the text on the page. I am OK with a white column that is in front of the background image here. I just do not like that much of the text on the page is in front of the background image but some of the text is in front of the white column too. This obviously looks pretty ghetto.

I looked at the source code for the page and I was not immediately certain about how to approach this one.

Thanks for any guidance that you all can provide!

I appreciate it.

Senff
    Participant

Not sure why this column would be there in the first place, but it’s easy to remove.

In styles.css, around line 107, remove the background line:

background: url(images/entry-content-bg.png) repeat-y;

Senff,

Thank you. Your suggestion worked. The only problem is that the change also made some changes to my home page that I really did not like.

It looks like I will need to learn how to create a child theme for the shop where the only change that I make in the child theme is the same change that you described.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Of course, if you have any suggestions on the best way to have a set of pages point to a different / child theme then I am all ears.

I just found a couple of good YouTube videos that show how to use a few plug ins that allow you to have 2 themes on the same site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.